What is it?
• Classical education is rooted in the ancient Greek philosophy that the purpose of education is provide a better citizenry. Classical education uses great literature, great music, great art, rigorous study in language arts, including foreign languages and Latin, science, and history to educate children in the ways of civil society. Savannah Classical Academy will teach children how to appreciate and embrace beauty, how to communicate effectively, and how to behave in public. Character education is not a class to be taught, it is interwoven into every class. (for example the character lessons learned from Aesop’s fables)
• Slow and steady wins the race.
• Aesop, The Hare and the Tortoise
• Self-conceit may lead to self-destruction.
• Aesop, The Frog and the Ox
• Put your shoulder to the wheel.
• Aesop, Hercules and the Wagoner