At The Savannah Classical Academy:
• Mastery of core subjects will take priority.
• Literacy will be taught through an explicit phonics program in the elementary grades.
• Math will be taught conceptually.
• Standardized tests will not drive the curriculum.
• All students will study history using mainly primary source documents, which will foster analytical skills and increased insight into culture and heritage.
• All students will be trained in study skills such as time management, organization, note taking and research.
• Instruction in the classical virtues will be integrated throughout the curriculum and at all grade levels.
• The study of Latin will be integrated into the curriculum.
• The instructional day will be extended by 60 minutes each day, providing an additional 300 minutes of instructional time per week and an additional 180 hours per year.